MELBOURNE – Derek Leon Strickland, 29, has been charged with Heroin – Trafficking 4 Gr to 30 KG, Heroin – Possession, Methamphetamine – Possession, Controlled Substance – Possession without Prescription, Poss/Use Drug Paraphernalia.
On January 10, 2019, the Melbourne Police Department SWAT team conducted a search warrant at the 2600 block of Lowell Circle in reference to an ongoing investigation of illegal drug activity taking place at this residence.
Upon making entry into the residence and verifying the residence was safe and no longer occupied, a search of the residence was conducted. Upon searching the residence, multiple baggies, pipes, powder, straws, needles, and spoons, all of which are consistent with street-level drug sales and/or use were located.
A further search of the safe revealed the following:
1) The recovery of a clear small ziplock bag containing multiple different colored pills identified as suspected MDMA (Ecstasy) weighing 1.9 grams.
2) The recovery of a clear small ziplock bag containing a white crystal-like substance, suspected to be Methamphetamine (crystal) weighing 2.9 grams.
3) The recovery of a clear small ziplock bag containing a white crystal-like substance, suspected to be Methamphetamine (crystal) weighing 2.9 grams and an additional bag containing the same crystal-like substance weighing 0.08 grams and another weighing 4.0 grams for a total weight of 7.7 grams.
4) The recovery of a clear small ziplock bag containing a tan powder identified as suspected heroin weighing 0.9 grams and an additional orange baggie containing the same powder weighing 3.1 grams for a total weight of 4.0 grams.
5) A small clear plastic baggie containing a white crystal substance recognized as suspected methamphetamine (crystal) weighing 2.7 grams.
6) A small clear plastic baggie containing 7 blue round pills recognized as suspected as MDMA (Ecstasy) weighing 3.4 grams.
A field test of the multi-colored pills by a department-issued field test kit yielded a presumptive positive amphetamine base. A field test of the white crystal-like substance yielded a presumptive positive for methamphetamine base, and a field test of the tan powder yielded a presumptive positive for heroin base.
Additionally, Robert Scott James, 55, was arrested and charged with Methamphetamine – Possession, and Controlled Substance – Possession with a Prescription.
Both men were transported to the Melbourne Police Department for booking and then transported to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office.
Strickland bond amount was $51,000 and James has no bond.
DISCLAIMER: Arrests and mugshots were made public by complaint affidavits, arrest affidavits, and police reports. All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty.
Signup for the free Palm Bay Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2018 PalmBayDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.